Water Detection Field Test
Tests for Free and Suspended Water in All Diesel Fuel and Biodiesel Blends
Results are immediate. Less than 1 minute, Non-toxic and completely safe.
Instructions for Water Detection:
This test will indicate the smallest amount of suspended water in diesel. Depending on the fuel blend and the amount of biodiesel you may see between 500 PPM and 1500 PPM detected. This is a PASS or FAIL test.
Any detection of suspended water is not good if the detection powder turn 100% pink, the fuel FAILS. Any FAILED fuel test may have free water in it and will cause the growth of bacteria in your fuel.
The kit consists of 12 each test tubes with the reaction powder capsule in them and one transfer pipette.
Test Procedure #1 for fuel with RED DYE.
1. Remove the capsule from a test tube. Do not put fuel in on top of the capsule.
2. Take the capsule and open it and pour the continents (powder) into your test tube.
3. Take fuel samples from as many locations you see fit using the pipette.
4. Add fuel to the test tube. Approximately 3/4 full.
5. Put on the lid and shake for 10 seconds.
6. Holding the tube upright, do a visual inspection. You will see at the bottom of the tube either the white powder or various shades of pink. Allow the mixture to settle and examine the results. 500-1000 ppm water will give you pink spots in the powder. More than 1000 ppm water will turn all the powder hot pink.
7. DO NOT open capsules until you are ready to test. You will collect moisture from the air and get a false reading.
Though non-toxic DO NOT PUT THE CAPSULE IN YOUR MOUTH.
Test Procedure #2 for fuel with NO RED DYE.
1. Add fuel to the test tube. Approximately 3/4 full..
2. Add the capsule contents to the sample and stir.
3. If water is present, at 200 ppm you will see a few pink spots starting to show up in the powder. At 500 ppm all the powder will take on a pink few and at 600+ ppm the power is now completely pink in color.